U.S. Resources for Sexual Assault Survivors
Only looking at the number of organizations that are active in preventing, supporting and helping sexual abuse indicates how necessary it is to continuously work in putting an end to sexual abuse and continuously offer help to those who have been victimized and traumatized by it. Victims and direct love ones are in need of information, legal help, therapy and counseling.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: National hotline, operated by RAINN, that serves people affected by sexual violence. It automatically routes the caller to their nearest rape crisis center. You can also search your local center here. Hotline: 800-656-HOPE
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center: This site offers a wide variety of information relating to sexual violence including a large legal resource library.
- National Organization for Victim Assistance: Founded in 1975, NOVA is the oldest national victim assistance organization of its type in the United States as the recognized leader in this noble cause.
- National Online Resource Center on Violence Against Women: VAWnet, a project of the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence hosts a resource library home of thousands of materials on violence against women and related issues, with particular attention to its intersections with various forms of oppression.
- U.S. Department of Justice: National Sex Offender Public Website: NSOPW is the only U.S. government Website that links public state, territorial, and tribal sex offender registries from one national search site.
Child Abuse/Sexual Abuse:
- National Child Abuse Hotline: They can provide local referrals for services. A centralized call center provides the caller with the option of talking to a counselor. They are also connected to a language line that can provide service in over 140 languages. Hotline: 800-4-A-CHILD (422-2253)
- Darkness to Light: They provide crisis intervention and referral services to children or people affected by sexual abuse of children. Hotline calls are automatically routed to a local center. Helpline: 866-FOR-LIGHT (367-5444)
- Cyber Tipline: This Tipline is operated by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Can be used to communicate information to the authorities about child pornography or child sex trafficking. Hotline: 800-THE-LOST (843-5678)
- National Children’s Alliance: This organization represents the national network of Child Advocacy Centers (CAC). CACs are a multidisciplinary team of law enforcement, mental and physical health practitioners who investigate instances of child physical and sexual abuse. Their website explains the process and has a directory according to geographic location.
- Stop It Now: Provides information to victims and parents/relatives/friends of child sexual abuse. The site also has resources for offender treatment as well as information on recognizing the signs of child sexual abuse. Hotline: 888-PREVENT (773-8368)
- Justice for Children: Provides a full range of advocacy services for abused and neglected children.
(Source: RAINN, visit their website for more resources)
Disclaimer: We support every initiative and organizations that asks for awareness of, gives information about, supports and help sexual abuse victims. With none of these organization we have an official affiliation, partnership or endorsement. We have provided this list pure as service and information.
What is next?
We like to stay in touch. Sign-up for our FREE news-letter by leaving your information on the right sight of this page.
We love to hear your thoughts, please write them in the comment-box at the bottom of this page.
Feel free to write us a private message
Find out more about our coaching programs →